Winners Archdiocese of Philadelphia Essay Contest!!
Rachel Gartei (wrote about her entire family)
David Becker (wrote about his Aunt Karen)
Brooke Cardi (wrote about her step-mom Christine)
John Byrne (wrote a poem about his grandmother)
Tori Brambrinck (wrote about her sister Nicole)
Paige Schaefer (wrote about her grandmom)
They can join us to walk in the May Queen's Court. Each student can walk with the person
who is the subject of his/her essay.
The May Procession will be held at the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul, 18th and the
Benjamin Frankliln Parkway on Sunday, May 1st.
Everyone in our school and parish are invited. The event begins in the Cathedral at 2PM and includes rosary, procession and crowning. Mass is not included.
Usually finished by 3:15PM. Parking is available in the Cathedral parking lot with the entrance
on 17th Street between Vine and Race Streets.
Thank you for encouraging your students participate in this beautiful tradition.
Dr. Marianne Ritchie Gordon
Chair, Archdiocesan May Procession
ABC Channel 6 News video attached. A "Night at the Museum" explores renaissance artists
(Just click on the link.) Thank you everyone for a wonderful evening! Special thanks to our
helpers, actors, 6th and 8th grades and Mrs "O" and Mrs Arocho. TY! Gods light, Mr. "D".
Spotlight on History at St. Michael the Archangel wax museum
Made the local paper Bucks County Courier Times as well! God's love, Mr. "D"
Joan Hellyer, staff
David Becker and Penelope Nemeth, sixth-graders at St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School, re-create Claude Monet's "Woman with a Parasol" masterpiece during the school's wax museum event Tuesday night.
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 11:45 pm
Joan Hellyer, staff writer
Let’s Go Flyers!!!
Greetings and Welcome
to the Saint Michael the Archangel
Catholic School Website!
Thanks goes to Rev. Michael C. DiIorio for his fine support of our awesome website
(www.sma-pa.org) for SMA school. There are many features for your use. Feel free to tour through the various pages. It's our wish that you find this site both informative and helpful. Please bookmark it at www.sma-pa.org.
There is a special feature for emergency situations.
A warning icon will appear on this main page with the
latest important information posted.
Be sure to check the “Special Announcements” page for current news at Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School. The "Special Announcments" page is located at top right corner of the home page and on the scroll down page of "About SMA School". (SMA mobile version: use scroll down menu)
All our SMA Catholic School teachers have grade websites as well. Simply click on the "Faculty" tab and find your child's teacher's website.
Important home work information and class updates will be posted for your use.
Thank you and God Bless!
Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco
Greetings and Happy May! As another great school year is fast coming to a close, many thanks to everyone who contributes to the beautiful family spirit of SMA School!
Some of the latest news includes:
- Wonderful news! Through a grant, all classrooms at SMA school for the 2016/2017 school year will have an IPad, Apple Internet Device, Ziggy High Definition Plus Document Reader Camera, and Projector. ($10,000)
- More good news. With an additional book grant we were able to purchase a new Science series “SCIENCE FUSION” for the 6/7/8 Grades! ($6,500)
- SMA Alumni & Friends Picnic this Sunday. ( See flyer)
- First Holy Communion is Saturday May 7th at 10:00. ~ SMA May Procession: May 12th at 9:30.
· May 6th- May 13th - May 31th NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS. Enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend!
· May 5th Ascension Thursday (Holy Day of Obligation) - SMA School is OPEN.
· We are proud of our winners for the May Procession Archdiocese of Philadelphia Essay Contest! Second year in a row. Names are posted on our website at www.sma-pa.org.
· SMA Disney Casual Dress Down Day ($1.00) on Friday, May 20th.
· Third SMA Spring Choir and SMA Band Show moved to May 24th in the school gym at 7:00.
· Congrats to all our SMA students who are in the Penn Relays!
- TY to everyone who participated in our Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School SMA EARTH DAY!
- Student Designed SMA Calendar Cover Contest For 2016/2017 School Year. (See info handout) The winning entry will be announced and will be used as the front cover of our 2016/2017 SMA School Calendar. Please send all entries to the school office.
- Scholastic SMA Book Fair Coming in May BOGO ~ Buy One get One Free! (A good time to stock up on books for summer reading!) 5/9 – 5/12
- SMA Green and Gold Day on the 27TH.
- Third Annual SMA Curriculum Festival on May 17th. We will have our final SMA Home and School Meeting for the year. The meeting will be our third annual SMA Curriculum Festival. The SMA Curriculum Festival is designed to showcase the children’s curriculum skills. On that night each grade will give a five-minute presentation based on a topic from the curriculum. On that evening we will also unveil our video, “Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School - School 2015/2016– “SMA School – Building a New Future!” (This video will be available at a later date for purchase.)
- 2016/2017 Pre-K 3/4– 8th Grade Registration Reminder: be sure to register now for the coming school year. Thank you!
- Thank you to all who have already registered for the 2016/2017 school year!
- Tickets are on SALE now for SMA School’s Play $7.00 for adults - $3.00 for children. Our play will be performed Saturday, April 30th (7:00 PM) at Conwell-Egan High School.
This month we honor Mary:
The mood of springtime informs the church's interior; nature's
blossoming, the warm air of May evenings, human gladness in
a world that is renewing itself -- all these things enter in. Veneration of Mary has its place in this very particular atmosphere, for she, the Virgin, shows us faith under its
youthful aspect, as God's new beginning in a world that has grown old. In her we see the Christian life set forth as a youth- fullness of the heart, as beauty and a waiting readiness for
what is to come.”
God’s love and grace!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco
SMA Calendar Cover Contest
2016/2017 School Year!!!
Dear Valued Parent’s/Guardians,
Greetings in the Lord! I want to continue the new fine tradition of students designing the cover of our SMA school’s calendar. If your child is interested in submitting an entry in the contest, please review the necessary information that is listed below.
- All entries must be submitted on paper that measures 10” by 8”.
- All entries must be submitted no later than Thursday, May 5th.
· The design must include in some form:
1. Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School 2016 –2017
2. Father Michael DiIorio ~ Pastor – Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco ~ Principal
3. Our web site address: www.sma-pa.org. ~ Fax 215-943-9068 ~
Absent Line 215-943-5035
4. SMA School:
“Tradition of Family, History of Excellence, A Legacy of Faith!”
- Any other illustrations or pictures are acceptable.
- The artwork should be prepared in color.
- The student may include her/his name on the entry.
- The winning entry will be announced and will be used as the cover of our 2016/2017 SMA School Calendar!
Please send all entries to the school office. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thank You and God Bless!
Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco
Thank you everyone for a wonderful SMA Earth Day!!!
Our "Meet the Beat" Connelly grant assembly went very well today!
Several of our students performed a mini percussion concert as well!
The Garden State Trio told me our children were a great audience.
Hats off to Tyler Kuhl (one of our 8th graders) for winning a $2000.00 scholarship to attend
Conwell - Egan Catholic High School! The criteria included enormous effort, academic and
extracurricular achievement, and the ability to work through challenges.
Great job Tyler!!!
Our2016 Reading Olympics team competed Thursday night and did a wonderful job! They read over 100 books and answered 40 difficult questions to earn a red ribbon. They have been preparing since the summer and made SMA very proud. The team of 6th, 7th and 8th graders included Olivia Foxhill, Betsey Nimely, Rachel Gartei, Jonathan Rodriguez, Joshua Fechtenburg, Emily and Elizabeth Logue, Jeneyan and Mayangay Marley, Jenna Wurtzbacher, Madison Chapman, Brooke Cardi, Amber Forehand, Paige Schaefer, Alyssa Kearns, and Sammy Jones. Special congratulations to their coaches, Mrs. Umek and Mrs. Chirico.
Saint Michael the Archangel
Second Trimester Honor Roll!
5th Grade Pete Hoffman
6th Grade Alyssa Kearns
7th Grade Madison Chapman
8th Grade Lesly Landaverry
4th Grade Logan O’Keefe
5th Grade Rylee Joyce
6th Grade Michael Burns – Elizabeth Logue- Penelope Nemeth
7th Grade Jenna Wurtzbacher
8th Grade Melanie Dykes – Jordan Scott
4th Grade Tyler Pinkham – Gabriel Scarborough
5th Grade Savanna Hayden – Pete Hoffman
6th Grade Carlo Cardi- Shawn Hesington- Russell Jerome Alyssa Kearns- Keiran Kelly- Mayangay Marley- Andrew Snowden-Aden Zogorski
8th Grade Tyler Kuhl- Emily Logue –Lesly Landaverry Jonathan Rodriguez
4th Grade Brianna Byrne- Emily Capella- Noel Crespo
5th Jeffry Avila- Andrea Duran- Max Force-Samantha Woods
6th Grade Dylan Beck –Cole Chesney- Samantha Jones
7th Grade Tori Brambrinck- Amber Forehand Joseph Hubmaster Jeneyan Marley
8th Grade Evan McDonnell
4th Grade Jadyn Buchanan
5th Grade Aiden Kelley-Paul Sales-Samantha Thornton- Miracle Zaza
8th Grade Billy Glynn- Olivia Foxhill
Congratulations to these exceptional students!!! Mr. “D”
St. Michael the Archangel Salutes Military
Retired Army veteran Ken Langer salutes sixth-grade student council representative Aden Zogorski, after presenting him with a flag for St. Michael the Archangel school. The school held a “Salute to Our Military” appreciation assembly as part of Catholic Schools Week.
St. Michael the Archangel Salutes Military
Retired Army veteran Ken Langer speaks with students from St. Michael the Archangel school during a “Salute to Our Military” appreciation assembly as part of Catholic Schools Week.
We are proud to present our
SMA STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
March 2016 – Friendly/Cheerful
PreK 1 ~ Hailey long
PreK 2 ~ Juliana Morales Maxwell
Kindergarten ~ Michelah Hoffman
Grade 1 ~ Matthew Merkle
Grade 2 ~ Marlee Pirolli
Grade 3 ~ Samantha Drake
Grade 4 ~ Ryan Resulaj
Grade 5 ~ Samantha Woods
Grade 6 ~ Mayangay Marley
Grade 7 ~ Tori Brambrinck
Grade 8 ~ Evan McDonnell
Congratulations to these cheerful students!
Greetings and Happy Spring! It’s time to put away the winter coats and boots and enjoy the beautiful new season. As we enter this special time, let me express my gratitude to all those who have contributed to such a fine year here at Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School. This month is important academically as we are now entering the final trimester of the year. (Where did the time go?) Students should be reminded to stay focused on their studies and do their best as we enter the home stretch.
Below are some of the happenings at our school:
Thank you to everyone who re-registered so far! SMA School re-registration reminder ~ it is very important to register your children now for the 2016/2017 School Year. This guarantees you a place for your child. Thank you!
Congratulations to Dylan Johnson! Dylan Johnson, one of our 6thgrade students, sang at the Reverend Monsignor Louis A. D’Addezio Concert of Excellenceon March 22, 2016. At this event, the most outstanding musical artists in the schools of the Archdiocese performed in Verizon Hall at the world-renown Kimmel Center. Congrats to Dylan!
Our new SMA Free Breakfast Program Is Going Great! All SMA students just received a PIN number to expedite the process. This is now a permanent program at SMA School! All SMA students now will have the opportunity to receive a free nutritious breakfast every school day.
SMA School is now going to an upgrade from School Reach to School Messenger with the new ability to send emails.
Volunteer Appreciation Week is April 10th through the 16th. Thank you to the many volunteers at SMA school for all that you do!!!
The Bucks County Artmobile is coming back to SMA School! Look for it on April 21st and 22nd.
Our new 3D printer is up and running. Mrs. “O” just “printed” out a small vase. Pretty cool! We have plans in the works to coordinate with classroom lessons.
April 27th: Happy Secretaries Day to our super secretaries!!!
All TERRA NOVA TESTING is concluded. /SMA “Night at the Museum” coming!!
Paper copies of progress reports will no longer be issued. April 15th is halfway through the third trimester and a great time to check your child progress by MSP. (Reminder: if a student fails a subject as a final grade, he/she must attend summer school or receive 30 hours of tutoring in that subject.)
Important note: Teacher roll books are legal documents and may be subpoenaed as evidence in a court case. Any student who is absent or late needs to bring a note to school the day he/she returns. The note must include a reason why she/he was absent or late. (This is needed in addition to the phone call.) TY!
Tickets are on SALE now for SMA School’s Play $7.00 for adults - $3.00 for children. Our play will be performed Saturday, April 30th (7:00 PM) at Conwell-Egan High School.
Peace be with you and your families! Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco ~ Principal
- Our new SMA Free Breakfast Program Is Going Great! All SMA students just received a PIN number to expedite the process. This is now a permanent program at SMA School! All SMA students now will have the opportunity to receive a free nutritious breakfast every school day.
- Holy Ghost/Nazareth Math competition!!! Our SMA team did very well and it was very close! There were about 200 students competing. The children who participated were Michael Burns, Elizabeth Logue, AJ Snowden, and Keiran Kelly in the 6th grade; and David Kelley, Paige Schaefer, Frank O'Keefe, and Jenna Wurtzbacher in the 7th grade. Special thanks to Mrs. Stan for directing the team.
- Thank you to everyone who participated in the St Patrick’s Day Parade!
- SMA Mother Son Dance went very well. TY to all who attended!
- Our SMA Dr. Seuss Day was wonderful! The students came dressed as Dr. Seuss characters and looked outstanding!
- Re-registration reminder ~ it is very important to register your children now for the 2016/2017 School Year. This guarantees you a place for your child.
- TERRA NOVA TESTING is concluded.
- Happy Saint Joseph’s Day on Saturday!
Thank you to everyone for a super SMA Winterfest!!! It was one of the best ever! Special thanks to all the volunteers and the Winterfest director Patty Walton.
TY to everyone who attended our SMA Dunkin Donuts Day!
God’s warm love, Mr. “D”.
SMA Dunkin Donuts Day Beverage Contest Winners!
1. “SMA Rocks – A-Latta!”
Erica Logue ~ Grade 3
2. “Mimi’s Magic Mocha Latte!”
Miranda Kuhl ~ Grade K
3. “Peachy Goodness!”
Chris Brusgard ~ Grade 2
4. “Delicious Drizzle Drink! ” Rachel Gartei ~ Grade 8
5. “Colorful Cup of Deliciousness!” ~ Evan Mc Donnell ~ Grade 8
Congratulations to all the contestants. The entries are awesome!
SMA Dunkin Donuts Day
Family Meal Winner is the Mahoney Family!
(Isabelle Mahoney – Perez
We are proud to present our
Our SMA Dr. Seuss Day was wonderful!
The students came dressed as
Dr. Seuss characters and looked outstanding!
Saint Michael the Archangel Breakfast and Lunch Updates
All students are offered a free breakfast at SMA each day. Students in grades 1-8 will be receiving a PIN # to help keep track of the total students receiving a meal each day. We will start using them on March 14th. Pre-K (3&4) and kindergarten will be recorded by hand and entered later.
These pins will be coming home today. Please help your child memorize them. It will make our morning line go even faster.
Lunch is $2.30 a day
Reduced lunch is $0.40 a day
Milk only is $0.50
Calendars and envelopes come home a month at a time. Please send the envelopes back that way and by the date stamped at the top. We order 3-4 weeks in advance. Checks made out to “Saint Michael the Archangel “are the preferred payment but Cash is accepted as well.
We had an wonderful SMA Salute to our Military Day.
God bless our Armed Forces!!! There is a great article in the Bucks County Times!!!
SMA School Update!!!
Saint Michael the Archangel First Trimester Honor Roll!
5th Grade Rylee Joyce
6th Grade Elizabeth Logue
7th Grade Jenna Wurtzbacher
8th Grade Daniel Kristoff
5th Grade – Rylee Joyce –Pete Hoffman
6th Graded –Elizabeth Logue
8th Grade Tyler Kuhl – Emily Logue – Jordan Scott
6th Grade Dylan Beck-Michael Burns-Carlo Cardi-Shawn Hesington-Russell Jerome – Alyssa Kearns – Penelope Nemeth-Andrew Snowden-Aden Zogorski
7th Brooke Cardi- Madison Chapman –Frank O’Keefe – Paige Schaefer-Jenna Wurtzbacher- Christopher Spurka
8th Caianna Crespo- Melanie Dykes- Lesly Landaverry
4th Brianna Byrne- Emily Capella- Ryan Resulaj
5th Dylan Kristofor
6th Keiran Kelly – Mayangay Marley- Jorge Arturo Moreno-y-Contreras
7th tori Brambrinck-Angelo Esposito- Joseph Hubmaste- Jeneyan Marley-Amber Forehand
8th Karen Centeno- Rachel Gartei- Evan McDonnell- Jonathan Rodriguez
4th Jadyn Buchanan
5th Grade Ava Marie Kilner – Andrea Duran
6th Cole Chesney-Kiara Good
8th Danny Kristoff- Olivia Foxhill
Congratulations to these excellent students!!! Mr. “D”
SMA Jr Flower Show Winners!
Winner in the Artistic category: Jadyn Buchanan
Winner in the Horticulture category: Jonathan Rodriguez
Both students will have their entries displayed at the Philadelphia flower show and will receive two free tickets to go and see their works of art on display.
SMA School Re-Registration
2016 / 2017 School Year
Greetings! We are very happy to announce we are beginning re-registration for students enrolled at Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School for the 2016/2017 school year. We had so much good news this year!
- Our school enrollment has increased again and we are proud of the new additions to our SMA school programs.
- Our new SMA Alumni & Friends is established and had a wonderful first event in October. A second event is planned for the spring. A new SMA Alumni & Friends room is now in our school.
- The new SMA American Sign Language Club is operating nicely.
- Our new SMA uniform looks awesome!!!
- We provided IPADS for each of our 8th graders. COST: $12,000.
- Our SMA Fire Alarm System is upgraded. COST: over $11,000!
- A 3D printer was purchased to add to our curriculum.
- Homework assignment books, test folders, and book covers were given free to the students of SMA School.
- Our SMA Family Quilt is complete and on display!
- New SMA Spirit Shop is up and running with the new SMA spirit apparel wear.
- There are also many plans coming for the New Year: “SMA Little Angels Child Care”.
Our Levittown area is on the upswing as well with the multimillion dollar renovation of the local train station, Route 13 and a recent demographic study that states younger families are moving back to our area.
In this exciting atmosphere of SMA spirit, we are beginning re-registration for the 2016/2017 school year.
To re-register simply complete the re-registration form and return it with a $100.00 non-refundable fee per family by Friday, 2/26/16. Payment of this fee will secure a place for your child for the 2016/2017 school year. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Finally, thank you for putting out the “good news” about Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School and your constant great support.
You are keeping
“SMA School Moving Forward!”
God’s Peace and Love! Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco ~ Principal
2016/2017 RE-REGISTRATION FORM ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL SCHOOL
NEW THIS YEAR! IF PRESENTLY IN OUR PREK, JUST SEND IN THE RE-REGISTRATION FORM
Academic Year 2016– 2017
REGISTRATION FEE: $100.00 PER FAMILY - Payment must be received at the rectory either by mail or in person by April 1, 2016, along with this signed registration form.
LATE REGISTRATION: $125.00 – All registration must be completed by April 30, 2016 (Non-Refundable)
I will be making the initial payment by August 12, 2016
I understand that the monthly payments will start September 15, 2016 and the last payment is due May 15, 2017.
I understand that the tuition for my child/ren must be paid on time each month and must be paid up-to-date for a re-admission card/s to be issued for January 2017.
Name(s) of Child/ren Grade 1-8
Signature: ________________________________ ___________________________
Address: ________________________________ ___________________________
City/Zip: _________________________________ ___________________________
N.B. September 30, 2016– After this date there will be absolutely NO REFUNDS of tuition for any reason whatsoever during the remainder of the year.
TY for a wonderful SMA School Open House 6:00 – 8:00 ~ Registration for the 2016/2017 school year on February 8 and 9. We have many ideas for the new 2016/2017 school year at Saint Mike’s!
2016/2017 SMA PreK 3/4 and K Registration is open!
SMA School Pre-K3 / Pre-K4 / K Program Information
Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School offers two Pre-Kindergarten programs, one for children two years away from Kindergarten (Pre-K3), one for children who will be entering Kindergarten the following school year (Pre-K4) and Kindergarten.
Our Pre-K 3/4/ K Programs offer children a nurturing learning environment that is caring, challenging, hands on, and academically developmental. Since we believe our children should enjoy their time here, there are also many fun activities.Appropriate child-centered experiences are provided to stimulate inquisitiveness and to develop the child’s self-assurance and independence.
Our programs provide many hands-on-learning experiences in an academic readiness environment. Language is developed through a multitude of methods. Songs, plays, poems, and stories are just some of them. Centers are provided where children can experience a variety of sensory experiences in an individual or group setting. Gross and fine motor skills are developed through physical activities, play, and the creative arts. Through songs, storytelling of scripture, prayers, games, and art activities, the children learn about God's great love for each of us. Pre K 3 / Pre K 4 and Kindergarten are also part of the NDS Hot Lunch Program. (Please note: soda and fast foods are prohibited in our program.) Our children will also be given technology instruction in our computer lab.
To provide the most up-to-date communication, the Pre-K 3 / 4 / Programs have their own websites linked to the school’s main website at www. sma-pa.org at the Faculty Page. The Kindergarten program is also linked.
If you are interested in registering your child in one of our fine programs, please call our school at 215-943-0222,
Thank you! God bless! Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco ~ Principal
SMA EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSING
BROADCAST SCHOOL CLOSING INFORMATION
FOX NEWS 29 / CHANNEL 6 ABC /NBC10 NEWS AND WEATHERThe above websites lists weather delays and school closings for the surrounding area.
Or, listen to KYW 1060 AM News Radio for weather related closings. Our broadcast number is 764.
Parents must listen to KYW #764 in order to know when or if Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School will be closed, or closing early due to inclement weather or other emergency.
When it becomes necessary to close the school for an emergency during the school day, your child will be expected to follow THE SCHOOL CLOSING PLAN YOU HAVE FILED WITH YOUR CHILD’S HOMEROOM TEACHER IN SEPTEMBER. PLEASE REVIEW THE PLAN DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR. Please listen to KYW #764 for the announced closing time. Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School will close at that announced time. Please checkfor the warning icon on the main page of our website www.sma-pa.org with the latest important information posted. You may also check the “Special Announcements” page of our school web site (www.sma-pa.org) for details. A School Reach phone call may be sent by SMA School. Parents/Guardians should not pick up students before the announced closing time. This helps prevent further disruptions for the children. Please inform your child where he/she is to go in an Emergency Dismissal.
In an Early Dismissal, Afternoon CARES is cancelled.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL OR RECTORY. Thank you!
“SMA SCHOOL 1 or 2 Hour
Opening Late Policy”
Due to certain weather conditions Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School may open one or two hours late.
Please check FOX 29 NEWS / CHANNEL ABC 6 NEWS / NBC10 NEWS AND WEATHER The above websites lists weather delays and school closings for the surrounding area. Or, listen to KYW 1060 AM News Radio for weather related closings. Our broadcast number is 764.
Please check for the warning icon on the main page of our website www.sma-pa.org with the latest important information posted. You may also check the “Special Announcements” page of our school web site (www.sma-pa.org) for details. A School Reach phone call may be sent by SMA School.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL OR RECTORY.
School doors will open at 9:15 (1 Hour) and 10:15 AM (2 Hour) delay. Morning Announcements and teaching will begin at 9:30 (1 Hour) and 10:30 AM (2 Hour).
Please do not send your children to SMA School before 9:15 on a 1 hour delay or 10:15 on a two hour delay schedule. Adult supervision will begin at 9:15 (1 Hour) and 10:15 (2 Hour) delay AM. It cannot be guaranteed before that time; therefore, the school cannot be held accountable before the above posted times.
SMA Morning Cares is cancelled on a
one or two hour opening late schedule.
Bus riders should wait at their pickup stops one or two hours from their regularly scheduled assigned time.
Please note: if bus transportation is cancelled, students are responsible for their own transportation to and from school.
If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to contact me. God’s love! Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco ~ Principal
SMA American Sign Language Club Meeting Dates
Below are the dates we will be meeting so that you can add them to your calendar.
5/11 (our last meeting)
Mrs. Dawn Marie Staneivezius
7th Grade Teacher
Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco
Big News! Our new SMA Spirit Shop is open! Hours 8:15 -8:30 Monday – Wednesday – Friday for students. SMA Spirit Store is open school hours for parents/guardians. Check it out! (Located behind SMA Swap Shop)
SMA School NDS HOT LUNCH PRICES Regular Price is $2.30 a day and includes milk. If purchase milk alone: 50 cents. If eligible: reduced lunch is 40 cents or free.
Students in Grades 4-8 are eligible for SMA Honors with the following criteria:
Pastor’s Award: One student per grade who models Christian values and exhibits good character traits from the honors/efforts students for that trimester.
Principal’s Honors: General average of 95.0 or above in each numerically graded subject, and 3 or 4 in each Non-Academic area. (No subject grade less than 92)
- First Honors: 90 or above in each numerically graded subject, and 3 or 4 in each Non-Academic area. (No subject grade less than 87)
Second Honors: 85 or above in each numerically graded subject, and 3 or 4 in each Non-Academic area. (No subject grade less than 82)
Effort Award: May be given to a student who has made an improvement or who is working to the best of her or his ability but did not qualify for honors. A 3 or 4 in each Non-Academic area is also required.
Students will be awarded Honor Certificates, which are distributed with report cards.
SMA SCHOOL IPAD TECHNOLOGY GUIDELINES
SMA School Issued Technology: This section refers to the student’s responsibility with respect to technologies issued to them by Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School.
• Unless otherwise stated any and all technology issued to a student is the property of Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School.
Should a student, for whatever reason sever ties with Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School, they must return any and all technology issued to them. Should the technology not be returned, the student will be charged the cost to replace the issued technology and all records/transcripts will be held until such time that the obligation has been met. Should any SMA issued device be lost or stolen the replacement of that device is the sole responsibility of the student. (Note: For stolen items, a police report must be filed and a copy of the report must be given to the SMA Director of Technology.)
• Any technology issued to students is issued for the sole purpose of supporting and enhancing the educational process.
• The issued case must be on the IPad at all times.
• Unless otherwise stated, it is expected that the student will keep any and all Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School issued technology in working condition (i.e. in the same condition as when it was first issued). To that end, when applicable, insurance policies or maintenance contracts will be offered to the students and their parents/guardians. Repairs to SMA School owned equipment must be authorized and initiated through the school. Parents or guardians may not take it upon themselves to effect repairs on any SMA School owned device as doing so may void existing warranties or agreements. Abuse (excessive number of repairs) of Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School issued technology could result in disciplinary action (i.e. demerits and/or detention).
• Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School reserves the right to perform unannounced inspections of any and all SMA School owned technology issued to students. Students who fail to present any SMA School owned and issued technology for inspection in a timely manner (when requested) will be subject to disciplinary action (i.e. demerits and/or detention).
Great news! Just received notice that Saint Michael the Archangel
Catholic School is a
TOP RANKED SCHOOL in the First In Math Online Program
for 2104/2015 school year! We received a very nice plaque that will
be put on display! Congrats everyone!
Class Trip Requirement
All chaperones participating on Catholic School class trips must have:
A. (PA. Police Check) and B. (PA. Child Abuse Clearance)
How do you receive them?
A. Pa. Police check can be completed online (pa.guv.) with a credit card.
B. Pa. Child Abuse Clearance Form takes 3 to 4 weeks. To expedite the process - fill out the form then “fed ex” to Child Line and Abuse Registry Dept. of Public Welfare Hillcrest Building 53 5 Magnolia Drive Harrisburg Pa. 17110 This should save about two weeks in the process.
SMA School Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SMACATHOLICSCHOOL Just go to the above internet address. TY!
MSP (My Students Progress) SMA Online Grading Link https://philadelphia.mystudentsprogress.com/MSP/index.cfm
Conwell Egan Catholic High School Link! http://www.conwell-egan.org
SMA EMAIL LINK: