SMA School Re-Registration
2017/2018 School Year
Greetings! We are very happy to announce we are beginning re-registration for students enrolled at Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School for the 2017/2018 school year. We had so much good news this year!
- We are proud of our school and our new additions to our SMA school programs:
- 8th Grade High School scholarships over $40,000!!!
- Free breakfast and free NDS Hot Lunch every day for every student at St Mikes in all grades!
- Our new SMA Alumni & Friends is established and an event is planned for the spring.
- Our SMA uniform looks awesome!!!
- We provided IPADS for each of our 6th, 7th, and 8th graders and all teachers.
- Teachers also now have a projector, document reader, and Apple tv internet device for their classrooms.
- SMARTBOARD added to PreK 15 room with more on the way!
- Homework assignment books, test folders, and book covers were again given free to the students of SMA School.
- Warm, safe, Christ loving family atmosphere!!!
To re-register simply complete the re-registration form and return it with a $100.00 non-refundable fee per family. Payment of this fee will secure a place for your child for the 2017/2018 school year. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Finally, thank you for putting out the “good news” about Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School and your constant great support.
You are keeping
“SMA School Moving Forward!”
God’s Peace and Love! Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco ~ Principal
ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL SCHOOL
Academic Year 2017– 2018
RE-REGISTRATION FEE: $100.00 PER FAMILY - Payment must be received at the rectory either by mail or in person by March 1, 2017, along with this signed registration form. (Non-Refundable)
LATE RE-REGISTRATION: $125.00 – All registration must be completed by April 30, 2017 (Non-Refundable)
I will be making the initial payment by August 11, 2017
I understand that the monthly payments will start September 15, 2017 and the last payment is due May 15, 2018.
I understand that the tuition for my child/ren must be paid on time each month and must be paid up-to-date for a re-admission card/s to be issued for January 2018.
Name(s) of Child/ren Grade 2017
Signature: ________________________________ _______________________
Address: ________________________________ ________________________
City/Zip: _________________________________ ________________________
Phone: ___________________________________ ________________________
N.B. September 30, 2017– After this date there will be absolutely NO REFUNDS of tuition for any reason whatsoever during the remainder of the year.
SMA School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all of the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, its admission policy, or in any school-administered program.
SMA School endeavors to accommodate students with special needs, as the school's resources and capabilities reasonably permit. SMA School reserves the right to decline admission or impose reasonable conditions of attendance where indicated under the circumstances.
To be admitted to first grade a student must be six by September 1st of the current year. For admission to Kindergarten, a child must be five by September 1st. The necessary forms and certificates for admission that must be present at the time of registration are:
- Birth Certificate.
- Baptismal certificate (regardless of home parish).
- A certificate of immunization that must be updated and available for confirmation.
- $100.00 Non-Refundable registration fee.
Registration for PreK - Kindergarten students and other students new to our school will be February 8th and 9th. This registration is only for new students. Registration information is communicated through the school communication envelope and the parish bulletin.
Re-registration forms for current students in grades Kindergarten through Grades 7 begins Monday, February 1nd.
There is a $100.00 re-registration fee due by March 1st , 2015. The fee for re-registration after that date is $125.00.
ADMISSION OF NON-CATHOLICS
Our school serves a variety of purposes, including the academic, social and physical development of students. However, the primary purpose of our school is religious. We exist for the purpose of evangelization and catechesis, that is, the proclamation of the Gospel and the formation of the entire school community of Faith. Our school offers a complete Catholic religious education program and makes every effort to develop the Faith in all the students so that they may live a full Christian life.
Non-Catholic students may be admitted to our school under the following conditions:
- The permission of the Pastor is obtained.
- Adequate facilities and space are available, without denying the admission of eligible Catholic students.
- The parents/guardians agree in writing to permit their child(ren) to attend Religion classes and Religious functions that are offered as part of the school program.
- The parents/guardians commit themselves in writing to accept and promote the philosophy, goals, objectives, and regulations of our school.
- The parents/guardians agree in writing to assume responsibility for all the financial obligations.
SMA Pre-K3 / Pre-K4 / K Program Information
Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School offers two Pre-Kindergarten programs, one for children two years away from Kindergarten (Pre-K3), one for children who will be entering Kindergarten the following school year (Pre-K4) and Kindergarten.
Our Pre-K 3/4/ K Programs offer children a nurturing learning environment that is caring, challenging, hands on, and academically developmental. Since we believe our children should enjoy their time here, there are also many fun activities.Appropriate child-centered experiences are provided to stimulate inquisitiveness and to develop the child’s self-assurance and independence.
Our programs provide many hands-on-learning experiences in an academic readiness environment. Language is developed through a multitude of methods. Songs, plays, poems, and stories are just some of them. Centers are provided where children can experience a variety of sensory experiences in an individual or group setting. Gross and fine motor skills are developed through physical activities, play, and the creative arts. Through songs, storytelling of scripture, prayers, games, and art activities, the children learn about God's great love for each of us. Pre K 3 / Pre K 4 and Kindergarten are also part of the NDS Hot Lunch Program. (Please note: soda and fast foods are prohibited in our program.) Our children will also be given technology instruction in our computer lab.
To provide the most up-to-date communication, the Pre-K 3 / 4 / Programs have their own websites linked to the school’s main website at www. sma-pa.org at the Faculty Page. The Kindergarten program is also linked.
If you are interested in registering your child in one of our fine programs, please call our school at 215-943-0222,
Mr. Stephen D. DiCicco ~ Principal