These rules apply to students riding ALL buses. They also apply when students are riding a bus during a class trip or school function. Please review the rules with your child.
- BE AT THE BUS STOP ON TIME. You should not have to run to make the bus.
- WAIT FOR THE BUS IN AN ORDERLY FASHION IN YOUR ASSIGNED AREA. Pushing, shoving, or creating a disturbance might result in injuring someone or in being late for school.
- TAKE YOUR SEAT IMMEDIATELY. Remain seated while the bus is moving or when instructed to do so by the bus driver.
- ENTER AND LEAVE THE BUS ONLY AT THE FRONT DOOR AND ONLY AFTER THE BUS HAS COME TO A FULL STOP. (In case of emergency, the driver may give you other instructions).
- KEEP YOUR HEAD AND HANDS INSIDE THE BUS WINDOWS AT ALL TIMES. Throwing objects, no matter how small, on the bus or out the windows is extremely dangerous.
- SAVE YOUR LUNCH AND SNACKS UNTIL YOU ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION. Eating and drinking are not allowed on school buses.
- AVOID SHOUTING AND OTHER LOUD NOISES. In addition to disturbing others, loud noises could distract the driver and cause unsafe operation of the bus.
- LEAVE THE BUS IN A QUIET AND ORDERLY MANNER. Join your schoolmates in the schoolyard or go to the office if school has begun.
- GET OFF AT ASSIGNED STOP.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in loss of bus privileges and/or further disciplinary action at school.